Found on teh interweb:
i've spent the last 8 years perfecting my desktop... and now, i've finally done it!
(Sorry, no link available, to protect the identity of the guilty party.)
Included is a screen shot of the "perfect desktop", and captions explaining its features:
- Most commonly used desktop icons
- Custom black and white Winamp skin to blend in with the background
- Desktop image, always black and white
- Slim AIM buddy list, top to bottom, "because I have sooooo many friends"
- Active Desktop HTML page with most used links
- Three high taskbar with most used shortcuts and IE address bar
And that's it. How excitment.
So. The perfect desktop:
- Runs Windows, with Internet Explorer always running for added security holes
- Has AOL Instant Messenger, complete with obnoxious adverts running all the time
- Pretentious black-and-white desktop background that isn't even good art
- No sign of anti-virus or anti-spyware, so you just know this guy's PC is a zombie for some crime syndicate in Bulgaria or Russia
- And best of all, it took this guy eight years to move his desktop items out of the way of Winamp.
Sheesh. It only took four years to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.