Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm back!

Oh, the places I've been, the things I've done, the people I've met...

Actually, no, I've just been snowed under with work and personal life (trust me, nothing you'd want to read about, unless you consider gorram shoddy builders and their gorram dodgy plumbing interesting). It wasn't quite all nose-to-the-grindstone (Heroes! Doctor Who! Pirate goth clubs! Yay!!!) but still, it hasn't exactly been wine, women or song, let alone all three.

But it is oh-so-typical that in my last post, on the 3rd of April (April! Two and a half fraking months ago!!!), I promised to write more about some science fiction movies. When I was a small boy, my grand-pappy told me "Never make a commitment to write about something on your blog unless you're going to live up to it within three days". That was just before he changed his name to Maxine and ran away to Brazil with a one-armed Russian go-go dancer. Nevertheless, I'm mildly shamed that I made something of a commitment and then didn't live up to it. How will my legions of fans every forgive me?

Disclaimer: some of the above may not actually have happened precisely as described. Or at all.

No comments: