Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Refuse to be terrorized

As the clock ticks over to 2008, now is the moment to say enough is enough. It is time to refuse to be terrorized any longer. Repeat after me:

I am not afraid.


Watch this video:



or see it directly on YouTube.

(While I like the video's message very much, I fear that the dry recitation of statistics and facts will not grab people's emotions in the same way that fear-mongering does. But I am encouraged by the fact that there are people who are refusing to be terrorized.)

And from here:

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want you to stop being afraid on my behalf. Please start scaling back the official government war on terror. Please replace it with a smaller, more focused anti-terrorist police effort in keeping with the rule of law. Please stop overreacting. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I accept that. I am not afraid.

Thanks to Bruce Schneier and Bex from the Argonist. See also what the terrorists want.

1 comment:

Metro said...

I am so damn blogrolling you.

I live in Canada, where our ruling "Conservative" government has clearly been watching the tactics of the Bush junta with admiration, not to say awe.

Fortunately, they're also desperate poll prostitutes, and they've realized that we in Godzone have better things to worry about. Like the fact that our government won't talk to us, or that our Cultural Affairs Ministers keep being funded by the RIAA.

The terrorists won in the US the day the Current Occupant stood on his hind legs and declared a "War on Terror."